Sunday, December 03, 2006

SEO and web based marketing

You know what keeps me up at night more than anything? Wondering if today is the day Google or Yahoo completly flushes all of my optimized pages from their engines. Once you start a SEO project it completely consumes you. White hat, black hat, who's winning the game today and why. Everyday checking to see how many pages you have cached and how they are doing. Knowing that without a page 1 presense on Google or Yahoo your business does not exist.

I am now starting my third iteration of design and content for my optimized pages. Hoping that I can get another three months of quality placement and conversion. It seems every three months I begin the slow decline of falling off the face of the earth.

I am so impressed with Trulia when it comes to SEO. It seems everything they are doing is cutting edge SEO. Always keeping in front of the search engine companies. Making sure their pages not only have relevance but are highly usable. It is part of their business model so they should be experts. At least that is what I tell myself.

I have learned a lot over the past 15 months since I started on this journey through hell. I know within a few weeks of effort and long nights, once again my pages will rank well and my existence will be restored. I also know that in April I will be back here looking at making these changes again.

As you can tell I am really looking foward to the next two weeks of my life.

No comments: